PreSERVE™ is a high performance water repellent for calcareous stone.
A clear, penetrating, breathable, water repellent and consolidant for use on exterior above-grade calcareous stone such as limestone and marble, associated with brick masonry and natural stones. It penetrates the surface and bonds chemically to the substrate, resulting in permanent attachment of the water repellent molecule.
PreSERVE™ is not a coating and as a result, will not change the surface appearance of the substrate.
By reducing the amount of water entering the substrate, PreSERVE™ reduces the intrusion of water contaminates such as acid rain, dirt, and pollutants. Hence, it reduces the deteriorating effects of these contaminates such as spalling, decier scaling, efflorescence, sub florescence leaching and staining.
• To make limestone and marble water repellent and act as a surface consolidant.
• For use on associated brick masonry to protect against the ingress of wind driven rain and to harden soft bricks.
• To reduce the damage that salt freeing has on natural stone.
• To reduce the effects of mildew, efflorescence and stains on vertical concrete and masonry structures.
• For use on concrete which has a high percentage of limestone or coral aggregate to consolidate and make water repellent.
FEATURES AND ADVANTAGES
PreSERVE™ is a mixture of saline and silicate in an alcohol carrier. The saline/silicate mixture is designed to penetrate deep into the substrate and impart a high degree of water repellency. The silicate allows the saline to chemically bond to substrates which have little or no natural silicate. This provides the substrate with long-lasting water repellent protections.
PreSERVE™ also will act as a surface consolidant for binding loose or powdery surfaces. The ethyl silicate will encapsulate the calcium carbonate in limestone and marble to from a denser material. Sandstone will also be hardened by the silicate bonding with the quartz grains.
PreSERVE™ provides excellent resistance to water intrusion. It has high resistance to wind driven snow and rain. It provides a breathable system that penetrates deep into the substrate.
EXCELLENT CHOICE TO PRESERVE TRACKWAYS AND OUTDOOR SPECIMENS!